This is a list of frequently asked questions for the member’s website and forum. If you have a suggestion for a new question, the forum is the place to let us know.
Table of Contents
What is my email/username and password for the website and the forum?
Upon signing up you should have received an email from the ASWA website giving your account details, including the email address used to create your account.
Included in this registration email are instructions for setting your password. If you’ve lost the email you can try resetting the password (see question ‘I forgot my password. How do I reset it?).
If all else fails, just email us and we will resend the email and guide you through the process.
(Please note that your username is the same as your email address so you should enter your email into any field asking for your username.)
How do I log in to the member’s area of the website?
There are two ways to access the member’s area:
- Go to https://aswa-inc.org.au/
- If you are already logged in, you will see ‘My Profile’, ‘My Account’, etc., along the top of the page. Click on My Account
- If not, find the link ‘Member’s Login’ at the bottom of the page. Then enter your username and password to access the member’s area.
Go directly to https://aswa-inc.org.au/login/ and log in.
What is my username for the member’s area / forum?
It is the same as the email you gave when signing up. Just enter your email.
How do I access the member’s forum?
If you are already logged in, you will see the forums.
If you see the message ‘This board has no forums’, log in using the form at the bottom of the page. Use the same email and password you use for the member’s area.
Do I have a separate account / password for the forum as for the member’s site?
No, these accounts are one and the same. Your ASWA member’s area login will get you into the forum.
I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- If you are already logged in, use the ‘Logout’ link on the member’s website to log out.
- Then go to the log in page for the member’s area (see question ‘How do I log in to the member’s area of the website?‘)
- Click ‘Forgot your password?’ at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
- If you can’t remember the email your account was created under, email ASWA for help.
How do I change my password?
- Log in to the member’s area (see question ‘How do I log in to the member’s area of the website?‘) and click the ‘My Profile’ link at the top of the page.
- Click the ‘reset your password’ link in the important links.
- Enter your account email address and submit the form. You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.
How do I receive emails when new posts are made in the forum?
The ASWA forum is actually composed of subforums (for example, “General discussion”, “Astrophotography”, etc). You can subscribe to a subforum by clicking on the forum name, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and clicking the link titled “Subscribe forum”. You can unsubscribe the same way.
You can also subscribe to specific topics by clicking into the topic, clicking the settings icon (a wrench), and selecting “Subscribe topic”.